Return to that time full of adventures and dangers to know the stories of a series of men and women who became genuine legends.
From the surprising Calamity Jane to the controversial General Custer, we offer you the opportunity to recover the great myths of the Far West. Since they are the stars of this unrepeatable collection of illustrated books that will take you to that fascinating era of stagecoaches, revolvers and large meadows.
WESTERN is a tribute to a time, a different time in which the differences were adjusted in popular duels that took place in the main street of the towns; where it was possible to find a gold seam on the side of a mountain; in which the lack of understanding between pioneers and natives unleashed terrible tragedies
With the stories of WESTERN you will be able to learn about how was the living in those times, you will discover famous figures and some feats that will leave you amazed. But, above all, you will enjoy the magic and emotion that the Far West offers.
• PRESENTATION. A brief introduction to situate the reader.
• MAIN STORY. The best part of the work narrates through panoramic illustrations and brief texts a selected passage of the history of the West.
• CHARACTER. Every story has a important protagonist. Since the story only deals with a specific moment in the life of this character, the book includes a double page dedicated to summarize the biography of the protagonist in a very visual way.
• THE LEGEND IN THE MEDIA. Due the great importance of some of the passages the work includes, we will also dedicate another double page to remember how it was shown in other media, such as literature, cinema or television.
• WESTERN TERRITORY. Every volume ends with a double page in which we will recall some of the essential elements of that time, always related to the main story. Thus, in a work the theme of landscapes will be touched, as well the stagecoaches in another, and so on we will review aspects as essential as the Saloon, the ranches, or the fearsome stampedes.
WESTERN is designed as a12 books collection, expandable to 18. The main titles of the collection are the following:
1. DUEL IN THE OK CORRAL (Wyatt Earp)
Due to a series of disputes that took place in the cattle town of Tombstone, the Earp brothers were involved in what was undoubtedly the most famous shooting in the history of the Wild West.
2. THE HARDEST WOMAN (Calamity Jane)
In a world dominated by rudest types, she was able to show that women also had their space in the West… even if they had to disguise themselves as men.
3. THE BATTLE OF LITTLE BIG HORN (General Custer)
The clash between the mythical Seventh Cavalry, commanded by General Custer, and the Indian coalition led by Crazy Horse gave way to a battle full of chiaroscuro that made history.
4. AN IMPLACABLE SHOOTING (Annie Oakley)
To pull her family ahead, she discovered that she had a strange skill: where she put her eye, she put the bullet. His great aim allowed her to become one of the most legendary women of the Wild West
5. THE KING OF THE BORDER (Davy Crockett)
6. THE END OF BILLY THE KID (Pat Garret)
7. LIFE AMONG THE INDIANS (Alice Fletcher)
8. TWO AGAINST THE WEST (Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid)
9. THE QUEEN OF THE WEST (Lola Montes)
10. THE PONY EXPRESS MESSENGER (Buffalo Bill)
11. A FEISTY LADY (Belle Starr)
12. THE LONG RIDERS (Jesse James)
WESTERN is a collection targeted to all audiences. A unique opportunity to discover or relive some legends with which different generations have grown and dreamed at some time.
With an overwhelming visual presentation, each volume presents an inclusive and conclusive story.
A balanced combination between history and legend, to allow the readers to learn without giving up the imagination to run free.
From 8 to 99 years